Ways to Love Your Liver and Help Save Your Life!By Dr. Michael Cutler • Jul 8th, 2009 • Category: Cleansing/Detox, Diet, Digestive Health, Dr. Cutler's True Health Blog Archive, General Health, Health Articles
Your liver is one of your hardest-working organs—and its ability to function properly is essential to your overall health. This amazing organ…
- Produces a quart of bile daily to break down fat.
- Removes harmful toxins from nearly 100 gallons of blood per day. This includes internal and external environmental pollutants.
- Produces 13,000 essential chemicals and hormones and manages more than 50,000 enzymes.
- Regulates blood sugar levels and prevents dangerous highs and lows.
- Stores essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, D, K and B12.
But your liver could use some help. Our modern American lifestyle has placed it under constant attack from prescription drugs, alcohol, food additives, environmental pollutants, water chlorination, household chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, prescription drugs and over-the counter drugs such as acetaminophen.
And eventually, all those toxins from your daily life are going to take their toll on your liver’s health. By the age of 50, you could experience liver failure because of clogged fatty deposits and years of dangerous toxins trapped in your organs, skin and other body tissues.
To help your liver eliminate all these chemicals and toxins and avoid inflammation, find a high-quality supplement that contains milk thistle, selenium, alpha lipoic acid (ALA) and soy lecithin, also known as phosphatidylcholine. And increase the amount of liver-supporting foods in your diet such as onions, garlic, artichoke leaf, beets, burdock root and leafy green vegetables.
Check out what these nutrients can do for your liver…
- Milk thistle (silymarin)—Supports your body’s replacement of dead or damaged liver cells and helps protect your liver cell walls from being destroyed by the toxic substances being detoxified.
- Alpha lipoic acid (ALA)—Promotes the healthy reduction of elevated liver enzymes that can trigger liver problems.
- Soy lecithin (phosphatidylcholine)—Helps promote health in livers damaged by alcohol, helps prevent a “fatty” liver and supports your body’s elimination of excess cholesterol.
- Artichoke leaf—Enhances bile secretion to help break up cholesterol and other fats.
- Burdock root—Helps to neutralize many toxins that enter the liver.
All of these nutrients are proven to help protect and strengthen the liver and enhance its ability to detoxify your blood. It only makes sense… if your liver is not functioning smoothly, your health is going to suffer. So show your liver love by helping it stay healthy… with nutritious whole foods and quality all-natural supplements. You’ll be amazed at all the health benefits.
With this 12-cent liver saver you can undo YEARS of harmful damage from burgers, booze and prescriptions drugs!
Ask yourself these questions...
- Do you regularly take over-the-counter medicines, including aspirin, Tylenol®, or even cough and cold syrup?
- Do you use prescription drugs to treat your joint problems... high blood pressure... high cholesterol... pain... digestive problems... prostate... or sleep problems?
- Are you over 40 years old?
- Do you drink two or more glasses of alcohol (including beer or wine) a week?
- Do you eat fast foods, red meat, or a high fat diet?
- Are you exposed to chemicals and pollutants at work or use sprays and aerosol products around your house?
- Do you drink less than six to eight glasses of clean, purified water daily?
If you answered YES to any of these questions then you must click here to avoid the health disaster that affects up to 20 million Americans each year!
Dr. Michael Cutler
is a graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif. Dr. Cutler is a board-certified family physician with more than 18 years experience. He serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems. Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and founder and editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients. He is also a Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
Questions for Dr. Michael Cutler? | All posts by Dr. Michael Cutler