Try These Highly Effective Natural RemediesBy Dr. Michael Cutler • Aug 10th, 2011 • Category: True Health Tip
There has always been an abundance of Old Wives’ Tales and outrageous remedies for any number of ailments. But are there really natural remedies for common complaints that actually work? You bet, and a report by CNN Health lists a few including…
- Black cohosh for hot flashes—This herb is commonly known as bugwort or rattle root and seems to exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. Be sure to get black, not blue, cohosh.
- Calcium pills for premenstrual syndrome (PMS) cramps—Scientific evidence shows that those who suffer from common PMS symptoms have lower calcium levels in their blood. Try consuming calcium-rich dairy foods and you might manage to keep the symptoms at bay completely.
- Tea tree oil can help with skin outbreaks—A study in the British Journal of Dermatology found that applying tea tree oil extract to skin outbreaks may reduce inflammation. It’s also antiseptic and can be quite effective.
- Steam therapy for sinus headaches—Inhaling steam may relieve sinus discomfort and pressure by flushing out your nasal passages. You can make it even more potent by adding a few drops of eucalyptus or peppermint oil which can have a decongestant effect.
- Cranberry juice can help promote urinary tract health—Medical institutions such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH) agree that drinking cranberry juice can help maintain a healthy urinary tract because cranberries contain proanthocyanidins that help keep certain bacteria from adhering to the inside of your bladder, resulting in them being eliminated through your urine.
Dr. Michael Cutler
is a graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif. Dr. Cutler is a board-certified family physician with more than 18 years experience. He serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems. Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and founder and editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients. He is also a Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
Questions for Dr. Michael Cutler? | All posts by Dr. Michael Cutler